Bring the right people and information together in channels. Share ideas, make decisions and move work forward with a common purpose and place.
Channels bring order and clarity to work – you can create them for every project, topic or team. When there’s a channel for everything, you can focus on the conversations and work that matters most to you.
Channels provide you and your team with a shared view into the work being done. With access to the same information, everyone in the channel can work in sync, and new members have full context when they join. And whenever you want to talk, simply use Slack huddles to start a live voice conversation.
As you work in channels, your conversations and files become a searchable archive that gets more useful with time. Find answers, get context and make better decisions without having to chase down people or information.
Channels are flexible spaces for all the people, tools and files you need to get work done.
You can invite someone outside your company to share a channel in Slack. Or, skip the channels for now and send an invitation to start exchanging direct messages – just like you would with other DMs!
It really only takes a few clicks to start working closely with vendors, customers and more. You are welcome to book a free 20-minute call with a Slack expert!
Slack starts at $6.67 USD/person per month when you pay up front for the year. Browse our selection of subscriptions and choose the option that’s right for your team.
Channels work best – and help you to work better – when your company follows a few basic guidelines around them:
• Have a consistent naming convention across your organisation’s channels, so everyone can quickly identify which channel has what they need
• Ensure that every channel has a clear purpose for why it was created, and include that purpose in the channel description
• Update every channel topic to include a clear summary of what everyone is currently working on
• Set up new channels by uploading any important project files and posting a welcome message to kick things off
• Pin all key files and relevant information to the channel, so it’s easy for new members to access and refer back to them
• Add the right people to your channel, including everybody involved in the project or topic, so they all have one place to work together
There is! With Slack Connect, you can invite people outside your company to share any existing channel in your workspace, or create a new channel if you want to start fresh.